I Found My Thrill on Blueberry Hills

I’m still mesmerized by the beauty we’re surrounded by here at Lake Chelan – clear water, snow-capped mountains, crisp, clean air.

And charming little towns nestled along the lake, like Manson, the Village on the Bay.

lake chelan washington, lake chelan vacation,

Located on Lake Chelan, this summer vacation spot is home to wineries and vineyards, apple orchards

apples from washington, apple picking in washington,

and the popular u-pick berry and flower farm and restaurant, Blueberry Hills Farms.

blueberry hills farm, blueberry farms, lake chelan washington, lake chelan vacation, lake chelan restaurants,

My family and I happened upon Blueberry Hills while out exploring one afternoon and I instantly fell in love.

The farm is beautiful.

The food is delicious.

The restaurant decor is eclectic and fun.

And owner Kari Sorenson is a gem.

Located on the original Sorensen Family homestead dating back to the early 1900′s, Blueberry Hills Farms is such a treat!

Homemade pies, jams, Danish yeast waffles, mouthwatering blueberry sour cream streusel muffins

and a french dip worth driving 400 miles for. Really. The Seattle Times said so.

Blueberry Hills is awash in memories, knickknacks and treasures – each and every piece a small part of Kari’s grandparents’ and great-grandparents’ collection. I adore how Kari incorporated these old treasures into the decor.

Old vinyl records, tin cans and 200+ pairs of eyeglasses and sunglasses hanging from the ceiling.

So much fun!

Family photos, antique perfume bottles, salves,

even a robin’s nest with an egg on display in an old hutch.

And I can’t forget about the chandelier dripping with hidden treasures! Locks, antlers, a note card, shoeshine kit, fork, match box, fishing reel, pocketknife and a bag of marshmallows.

Yes. A bag of marshmallows.

Can you find them all?

Blueberry Hills was such an amazing find. I’m head-over-heels in love. The view was breathtaking. The food was delicious. The service was great and the decor was so much fun.

I found my thrill on Blueberry Hills and I’m definitely coming back for more!

1. by MG Atwood on January 17, 2013  7:54 am Reply

This looks like my kind of place! I have to visit one day.

• by Kristi on January 17, 2013  9:27 am Reply

It's such an awesome place! We've been back several times, but I can't wait until spring rolls around. I'm dying to pick some blueberries and flowers in their u-pick. If you ever make it out here, let me know!

2. by Mindi on January 17, 2013  9:45 am Reply

This place looks lovely! I love all the new landscapes you have to photograph. Such amazing images!

• by Kristi on January 17, 2013  10:48 am Reply

Thanks, Mindi! I'm having a blast getting to know the area. I can't wait to do more shooting! :)

3. by Serendipity is Sweet on January 17, 2013  11:30 am Reply

What a fantastic find! I can see why you love it so. You captured it beautifully too!

• by Kristi on January 17, 2013  4:23 pm Reply

Thanks! It's such a cute place. I can't wait to come back in the spring when the flowers and berries are in bloom.

4. by Nicole P. on January 17, 2013  11:55 am Reply

This place looks amazing! I need to make a visit some day :)

• by Kristi on January 17, 2013  4:23 pm Reply

You'd love it! And if you ever do come out this way, please let me know! :)

5. by Kim on January 17, 2013  1:13 pm Reply

What an awesome place. I love the photos!

• by Kristi on January 17, 2013  4:24 pm Reply

Thanks, Kim! I couldn't stop smiling when I walked in the door. This place is amazing!

6. by Diane on January 17, 2013  1:35 pm Reply

Oh wow...I think that would be "my" kinda place too!!! I see "road trip"....LOL...maybe I can put that on my list of places to go when we are tooling around these USA roads...Would love to pull up there on the bike!!! Thanks for sharing...I am totally in love with your little town. It is really BEAUTIFUL :)

• by Kristi on January 17, 2013  4:25 pm Reply

Awww, thanks! Lake Chelan is awesome and there's really so much more to do. I can't wait to start showing more of the outdoor activities once it warms up around this place. :)

7. by Susi on January 17, 2013  2:08 pm Reply

This looks like such an awesome and eclectic place. I love stuff like this. It's like stepping into a piece of history!

• by Kristi on January 17, 2013  4:25 pm Reply

That's exactly what it was like! It really felt homey. I love Blueberry Hills!

• by Kristi on January 17, 2013  4:27 pm Reply

Andiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! If you come out here, we are totally going! It's the coolest place ever! And the pies? Yum!

8. by Jennifer on January 17, 2013  3:57 pm Reply

Oh my gosh, that place is near perfect! How beautiful!

• by Kristi on January 17, 2013  4:27 pm Reply

Isn't it? I could live at Blueberry Hills Farms!

9. by Kia on January 19, 2013  8:07 am Reply

Wow! I would love it there. It also makes me want to return to Lake Lure, where we love to take our vacations!

10. by Lu on January 21, 2013  1:47 pm Reply

Wow - I could really imagine living here! It's beautiful :)

• by Kristi on January 21, 2013  11:55 pm Reply

It's so beautiful here. We love it!

11. by Amanda Jillian on January 26, 2013  10:16 am Reply

It looks so cool, definitely some place I would like to visit.