California Dreaming: Wine, Women and Wine

My knowledge of wine is extremely limited, but what I do know is that I love to drink it.

Moscato, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay – it doesn’t matter. At the risk of sounding like a total lush, I’ll happily take a sip of whatever you put in front of me.

winery santa barbara, wine tours santa barbara, sanford winery, california wineries, california wine tours,

Several months ago, I had the pleasure of enjoying a private tasting and tour of Sanford Winery in sunny Californ-I-A.

I didn’t go alone. The Toyota Women were there, of course, and boy did we have a good time!

Nestled in the beautiful Santa Rita Hills in Santa Barbara Wine Country, Sanford Winery boasts amazing views to go along with its delectable wines.

I couldn’t get enough of the Chardonnay. It was my favorite of the day, by far.

I sat on the terrace with my wine, chatted with friends and took in the beautiful surroundings.

The sun was making its way across the sky, just barely peeking out from behind the hills,

when we were ushered into the cellars for a little history lesson, a few hor d’oeuvres and even more wine.

When we emerged from the cellar, we were delighted to find that we’d be dining al fresco.

We indulged in a tasty feast and enjoyed the gorgeous backdrop – the Santa Rita Hills at twilight.

The wine flowed, conversation and laughter ensued and we clinked our glasses late into the night.

I had such a lovely time at Sanford Winery. It’s a definite must if you’re looking to indulge in a California wine tour.

If you go, please take me with you.

Disclosure: As a member of the Toyota Women Influencers Network, my Sanford Winery tour was sponsored by Toyota. I was selected for participation in the TWIN community through a program with Clever Girls Collective. I did not receive any compensation for writing this post, or payment in exchange for participating. The opinions expressed herein are mine, and do not reflect the views of Toyota.

1. by Rosey on January 2, 2013  12:50 pm Reply

It looks like a nice trip, and the pics are great!

• by Kristi on January 2, 2013  1:51 pm Reply

Thanks, Rosey! It was such a nice trip. Lots of wine, laughter and fun! :)

2. by Mindi Stavish on January 2, 2013  1:44 pm Reply

Looks like so much fun. Someday I'll explore wine country in CA. VA wine country is pretty nice too!

• by Kristi on January 2, 2013  1:56 pm Reply

California wine country. Washington wine country. Virginia wine country. I'm thinking a tour of all wine countries is in order, stat!

3. by Jaymi on January 2, 2013  2:28 pm Reply

sooo beautiful! Seems like you had a great time in Cali!

• by Kristi on January 3, 2013  2:56 pm Reply

I had a blast! And after living in this hotel for as long as we have, I'll need another trip back out to SoCal soon! :)

4. by Tami Von Zalez on January 2, 2013  3:40 pm Reply

You captured such great images from your winery visit. My fav wine is the La Crema Pinot Noir.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

• by Kristi on January 3, 2013  3:09 pm Reply

Mmmmm... Sounds yummy!

5. by Laurie @ Pride in Photos on January 3, 2013  7:29 am Reply

You are speaking my language with this post. Last year my whole family went to Sonoma and Napa Valley and toured alot of wineries. It was the trip of a life time!! Chardonnay is definately my favorite wine! Le Crema...yummo!
    Laurie

• by Kristi on January 3, 2013  3:10 pm Reply

I can't wait for it to warm up more around here. I definitely plan on visiting the local wineries here. :)

6. by MG Atwood on January 3, 2013  8:50 am Reply

This totally speaks to me! I LOVE wine!! Red, red, and more red. You will find some wonderful wines in the WA area...enjoy, and thanks for the lovely photos.

• by Kristi on January 3, 2013  3:11 pm Reply

Thanks! I can't wait to start touring the local wineries here in WA. Word is that the wineries around here are awesome. I'll be sure to report back. ;)

7. by Amanda Jillian on January 8, 2013  6:05 pm Reply

Looks like a fun time! My mommy made me a wino lol. You should see us drinking together. Great photos it looks beautiful there.

• by Kristi on January 10, 2013  1:31 am Reply

Thanks, Amanda! We had so much fun. I'm planning on taking my mom to a local winery here in Washington when she comes to visit. Maybe she and I can be winos together. ;)

8. by enter your video of your hero coming home from war on March 31, 2013  12:15 pm Reply

Afghaniston Coming Home is a website dedicated to celebrating the return of our military from overseas. People can upload their favorite home video for a chance to have it become part of a new music video by Country Music's Steve Zuwala