Montana {Cross Country Road Trip Adventure}

Rivers, brooks, gurgling streams,

pictures of montana, montana pictures, images of montana, scenery pictures,

pictures of montana, montana pictures, images of montana, scenery pictures,

roads snaking through mountainous terrain.

pictures of montana, montana pictures, images of montana, scenery pictures,

There’s no denying that Montana is beautiful, but it proved to be the most difficult leg of our road trip.

pictures of montana, montana pictures, images of montana, scenery pictures,

We oohed and ahhed our way across Montana; admiring the spectacular view.

pictures of montana, montana pictures, images of montana, scenery pictures,

But when the sun began to set, we found ourselves stuck in a pretty precarious situation.

pictures of montana, montana pictures, images of montana, scenery pictures,

Because of poor planning, we drove late into the night; the nearest decent hotel and large town several hours away.

pictures of montana, montana pictures, images of montana, scenery pictures,

As we drove along dark, icy roads deep within the forest I quickly learned that my eyesight had worsened. My glasses weren’t cutting it. I was seeing double. We had no choice but to push on. We were tired, hungry, going stir crazy and yes, I broke down and cried.

Thankfully, we survived the ordeal without incident.

We found a big town and a decent hotel. We learned the importance of planning our overnight rest stops ahead of time.

We also learned that in beautiful Montana, rattlesnakes aren’t very nice.

pictures of montana, montana pictures, images of montana, scenery pictures, funny sign,

• by Kristi on December 10, 2012  11:46 am Reply

Thanks! And oh my goodness, I feel the same way about snakes. The kids wandered onto the grass a couple of times and I went all psycho mama on them. "Get off the grass!!!!!!!" lol

1. by heather on December 10, 2012  2:33 pm Reply

Thanks for posting photos! I lived in Montana for many years, and knowing the I-90 route very well, your pictures made me smile. :)

• by Kristi on December 11, 2012  11:05 pm Reply

Awww, I'm so glad that my photos brought a smile to your face. I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me. :)

2. by Diane on December 10, 2012  5:17 pm Reply

Montana is very beautiful. I am so glad you guys made it through it without incident: yuck as far as the snakes go!

• by Kristi on December 11, 2012  11:04 pm Reply

Me too! And thank goodness we didn't have any run-ins with snakes! I HATE snakes. lol

3. by Veronica on December 10, 2012  5:22 pm Reply

So gorgeous. Love how you captured this road trip. Also the ordeal? Been there. It's a horrible feeling. I'm glad it has passed but know things aren't the way they were. A rough adjustment for all of you I'm sure. Hang in there. Thinking of you xoxo

• by Kristi on December 11, 2012  11:04 pm Reply

Thanks for being there for moral support along the way! You listened to me whine and made me laugh and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. So glad that blogging and Twitter have made our friendship possible.

4. by Lisa on December 10, 2012  8:10 pm Reply

Gah, that sounds scary. I would have cried too. I hate driving where I'm not familar with my surroundings so I have to hand it to you, you are a better person than I am :) Enjoying this series.

• by Kristi on December 11, 2012  11:01 pm Reply

The drive was so long and exhausting, but totally worth it. I walked away from the whole experience with new memories and beautiful photos and I'm so glad that I got to experience it with my family. :)

5. by Melanie on December 11, 2012  11:07 am Reply

Hey lady! It's been WAY too long. This mama has been crazy busy (following my deams smiley face) & starting my own photography buz... hence I haven't blogged for a couple months!! (which is CRAZZZY!) Anywho, I saw your A-mazing Montana photos & I had to tell you how gorgeous they are. LOVE them. I have a ton of family in Missoula & Ronan, these remind me the winters I spent there as a kid. Thanks for sharing, so nice to come say hello! Btw, how do you like your Tamron 24-70? I've been going back & forth between the Tamron, Canon, & Sigma. I recently got the Sigma 30mm 1.4 & I adore it!)

• by Kristi on December 11, 2012  11:00 pm Reply

So nice for you to stop by, Melanie! I've certainly missed you! Sounds like you've got tons of exciting things going on in your life. How wonderful! :)

The Tamron 24-70mm...I love it! It's become my new go-to lens. It's the one lens that stays on my camera 95% of the time. It's definitely worth the investment! If you're looking to buy one, let me know. I'll check with my Tamron contact to see if they've got any special rebates available. Have a great day, Melanie! So nice to "see" you again!

6. by Amanda Jillian on December 12, 2012  8:19 am Reply

I love the shots, as always. And so sorry about the break down, driving cross country has got to be hard.

7. by Susi on December 12, 2012  10:04 am Reply

Montana is definitely on my bucket list. It's just one of the places I have always wanted to see and hopefully someday I will. I'm glad you guys made it through safely!!! The more I look at your pics the more I want one of those Tamron lenses!!! ;)