DIY Fall Decorating: Fall Leaves Garland

Decorating your home doesn’t have to be complicated.

Bring the beauty of autumn indoors this year with my fall leaves garland.

fall decorating, fall decorating ideas, fall craft ideas for kids, fall crafts for kids, leaves garland,

Simply lovely.

The fall leaves garland is easy to make, costs just pennies and a great fall craft project to do with the kids.

You’ll need:

• Fall leaves, twigs, etc.
  • Yarn or decorative ribbon

Assembling your fall leaves garland:

Select leaves in varying shades and textures.

String leaves along yarn or ribbon by fastening with a knot, leaving a few inches between each leaf.

Display over a fireplace mantle, along a buffet or in a window.

Simple.

Lovely.

Simply lovely.

1. by James W. on October 1, 2012  1:38 pm Reply

I must agree that these leaves are simply lovely. Where did you get them by the way? They look so freshly picked outside your house or at the backyard. But since it's fall it wouldn't be hard to get some nice ones in the neighborhood.

-James W.

• by Kristi on October 8, 2012  1:28 pm Reply

Hi James! My little girl and I gathered the leaves outside our home in the Mark Twain National Forest. :)

2. by Gina on October 2, 2012  8:34 am Reply

So pretty- certainly craving some fall around here. We have the never ending summer- it just won't go away.

• by Kristi on October 8, 2012  1:29 pm Reply

Thank you, Gina! Hope the cooler temps make their way to you sometime soon. :)

3. by Tish on October 2, 2012  5:10 pm Reply

Cute Kristi!! That is the perfect little fall craft to do with kids and looks great too!!

• by Kristi on October 8, 2012  1:30 pm Reply

Thanks, Tish! My girls really enjoyed making the garland. :)

4. by Annie @ Mama Dweeb on October 2, 2012  6:34 pm Reply

oh that is sooooo pretty!! Love how easy it is too :) My 5 year old will LOVE making this with me!

• by Kristi on October 8, 2012  1:34 pm Reply

Thanks, Annie! My girls loved making it. It's so easy to make and super cheap too. I think we'll make new ones as the leaves continue to turn. :)

5. by Jennifer on October 3, 2012  1:33 am Reply

Oh my gosh, so simple, but so pretty! I will have to do this when the leaves change around here!

• by Kristi on October 8, 2012  1:36 pm Reply

It's so much fun to make too! :)

6. by Stacy Uncorked on October 3, 2012  5:55 am Reply

What a neat idea! I bet Princess Nagger would love helping with this project! :)

• by Kristi on October 8, 2012  1:38 pm Reply

I bet she'll love making the garland! You'll have to let me know if you give it a try! Thanks for stopping by, Stacy!

7. by Maya on October 3, 2012  7:30 am Reply

that's a really great craft idea! i bet M would love it, and we could put it over our mantle!

• by Kristi on October 8, 2012  1:39 pm Reply

I hope M enjoys making the garland! You'll have to let me know if you end up making it. :)

• by Kristi on October 8, 2012  1:39 pm Reply

Thank you so much! It was so easy to make. :)

• by Kristi on October 8, 2012  1:41 pm Reply

Haha! Thanks, Lolli! It was really easy to make and my girls had a blast with it. I bet everything's looking amazing in your neck of the woods. I'd love to experience autumn in DC one of these days. :)

• by Kristi on October 8, 2012  1:42 pm Reply

Thanks, Julie! I love my Fiestaware too. I need to expand my collection!

• by Kristi on October 8, 2012  1:43 pm Reply

Thanks, Kristy! :) Haven't chatted with you in forever. Hope you're doing well!

8. Pingback : Just in Case... | Live and Love...Out Loud

9. by Brian on October 8, 2012  1:55 pm Reply

You are born a natural artist I must say. How did you learn to make such wonderful garlands out of the autumn leaves? I mean where did you get the idea? The pictures are also well-captured. Keep your creative thoughts active!

-Brian

10. by Claire on October 9, 2012  11:19 am Reply

This is the perfect explanation of natural beauty. Using nature as home decor. ingenious!

11. by Maggie on October 16, 2012  12:26 am Reply

Lovely! I can make use of the leaves in the backyard because we have this big maple tree just nearby. This seems like a good addition inside the house. Thanks!