Warm. Hearty. The perfect comfort food.
Pull up a chair, grab a piece of crusty bread and warm up with a bowl of pasta fagioli.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 4 (14.5 oz.) cans low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups small shells pasta
In a deep pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
Stir in chopped carrots, celery, garlic and onions and cook for 3 minutes.
Add dried basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat.
Stir in stock, tomato sauce, canned tomatoes and green chilies and chicken. Bring to boil.
Reduce heat, stir in beans and pasta. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Stir in parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Eat. Enjoy. Thank me later.Pin It