Just What I Needed Before Surgery {My Breast Lump Journey}

The past couple of days have been amazing, to say the least – just what I needed before taking the next step in my breast lump journey.

On Friday, I left our home in small town Missouri…

blogger road trip,

And headed a few hours north to St. Louis to learn, connect and finally meet a few of my online friends in real life at the SITS Girls Bloggy Boot Camp.

meeting online friends in real life, meeting bloggers in person, sits bloggy boot camp,

I only have a few photos to show for my wonderful weekend in St. Louis, which makes this photographer a bit sad, but I walked away with an increased knowledge, inspiration and memories that I’ll forever treasure as well.

My roomie – Liz of A Belle, A Bean, and A Chicago Dog – and I had a blast. We laughed…

meeting liz of a belle a bean and a chicago dog,

Had a pomegranate martini or two…

pomegranate martini, milennium hotel martini bar,

And enjoyed the awesome view of the Gateway Arch while geeking out on our laptops at night.

st. louis gateway arch, st louis missouri, missouri acrch,

Bloggy Boot Camp was an amazing experience. I learned so much and walked away from the conference feeling incredibly inspired. It’ll take a few days for me to process the entire experience and I’m more than okay with that.

Because I’ve got a lot on my mind right now.

deep in thought,

Like the surgery I’m undergoing today to have the mass removed from my left breast.

I’m ready to be rid of this burden. I’m ready to move forward. I’m ready to bring this breast lump journey of mine to an end.

But in order to do that, I need to walk away.

So I’m walking away from my blog this week in order to focus on recovery.

I can’t begin to explain how difficult this is for me. You all have been such a big part of this journey and I want to continue to share it with you.

But I can’t.

Not until I feel better.

Until then, I want you to know how very much I appreciate you.

Your comments, tweets, Facebook wall posts, emails, well wishes and prayers mean the world to me. I’m so overwhelmed by the love and friendship you’ve shown and I just can’t thank you enough.

1. by Kenny on April 23, 2012  5:32 am Reply

My thoughts and prayers are with you all the way from New York.

2. by Brittany on April 23, 2012  6:45 am Reply

I found you via the #BBCSTL tag and I'm so glad I did. Sending tons of prayers your way & I hope you have a speedy recovery!

3. by imperfectmomma on April 23, 2012  8:02 am Reply

Sending you all my love and prayers. I have been a bad blog friend, but I have been praying for ya.

4. by Jessica Peters on April 23, 2012  8:05 am Reply

Best wishes! Sending my most positive thoughts your way! Hoping for a fast and speedy recovery!

5. by Gina on April 23, 2012  8:48 am Reply

I am so glad you decided to go ahead & remove it Kristi- Praying for you as always. Focus on healing & we will all be here for you when you are ready to come back. If you need an ear, or a virtual shoulder- you know I am only a call or text away. HUGS!!!!!

6. by Annie on April 23, 2012  8:50 am Reply

I will be praying for you all week Kristi! It blessed my heart immensly to finally meet and hug you! I hate that you have to go through this - but I know that it will all work out safely. Next week, I cannot wait to read your post about how your kids blessed you with their love and care and how you are healing. Much LOVE KRISTI!

7. by Jo-Anna on April 23, 2012  9:33 am Reply

Hi Kristi! I'm thinking of you today, and wishing for the BEST for you! Take all the time you need to recover - we'll all be here waiting for you when you are ready to return!
    Jo-Anna

8. by Paula Kiger on April 23, 2012  11:20 am Reply

We'll still be here when you get back, Kristi. Do what you need to do for you! Love and prayers from Florida.

9. by tena on April 23, 2012  11:55 am Reply

It was so nice to meet you and I was disappointed that we were unable to catch up to each other and visit more. Good luck with everything and will see you around soon!

10. by Jen on April 23, 2012  1:25 pm Reply

I am so glad you have a good time at Bloggy Bootcamp.

And I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers.

11. by August Moon Society on April 23, 2012  2:44 pm Reply

I hope all goes well! And that you feel better soon! Take good care of yourself!

12. by Jodi Hall on April 23, 2012  4:09 pm Reply

You are in my prayers..

13. by Blair on April 23, 2012  4:18 pm Reply

Praying for a peaceful speedy recovery!!

14. by Eryn on April 23, 2012  4:31 pm Reply

We'll all be here when you get back. <3 Rest well.

15. by Stacey on April 23, 2012  6:33 pm Reply

Good luck! I hope you recovery quickly!

16. by Amarie on April 23, 2012  10:49 pm Reply

Praying for you! Get better soon!

17. by MG Atwood on April 24, 2012  6:50 am Reply

Prayers are sent. /speedy recovery and come to peace with your decision. You ARE strong.

18. by Jenny on April 24, 2012  8:04 am Reply

aww wish i coulda went to BBC! :P But hope you feel better soon!

19. by Dagmar ~ Dagmar's momsense on April 24, 2012  4:01 pm Reply

Thinking of you! You met Mama Dweeb, how fun! Were her kids with her? I med her IRL last year at BlogHer.

20. Pingback : The Parade of Gowns {Wordless/Wordful Wednesday} | Live and Love...Out Loud

21. by Dali on April 25, 2012  10:57 pm Reply

Wishing you a speedy recovery! I am so glad you got to go, and it was a pleasure meeting you. xoxo God bless.

22. Pingback : Finding “Me Time” | Live and Love...Out Loud