Making Breakfast Fun with Rainbow Pancakes
Rainbow pancakes make breakfast fun
Looking to add a little bit of fun to your boring breakfast routine? Skip the cereal, forget the eggs and score some major cool mom (or dad) points with these super easy, super pretty rainbow pancakes.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- food coloring*
Prepare skillet by lightly coating with oil; heat over medium-high heat.
In a large bowl, beat Bisquick, milk and eggs until well-blended and large lumps have disappeared. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
Separate batter into 6 equal parts, approximately 1/2 cup batter, and place in 6 separate medium-sized bowls. Add food coloring as follows and stir until well-blended.
- Bowl 1, red pancake: Add 8 drops of red food coloring.
- Bowl 2, orange pancake: Add 3 drops of red and 4 drops of yellow food coloring.
- Bowl 3, yellow pancake: Add 7 drops of yellow food coloring.
- Bowl 4, green pancake: Add 7 drops of green food coloring.
- Bowl 5, blue pancake: Add 7 drops of blue food coloring.
- Bowl 6, purple pancake: Add 4 drops of red and 3 drops of blue food coloring.
Pour prepared batter onto hot skillet and cook for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side.
Serve hot with butter and your favorite pancake topping. Yields 6 pancakes.
Eat. Enjoy. Thank me later.
*If you prefer a natural alternative to food coloring, products like India Tree’s Natural Decorating Colors are a great option.
This recipe was featured on Parent Map online magazine.Pin It